|Recipes » Soups|
Sassy Hot Lips Chili
By: Gilda - Millsboro, DE - 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
The addition of the Door County Elite Espresso adds a deep, rich flavor to the chili that will have them asking for more of this original recipe!
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Elite Espresso 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 ounces pancetta or bacon, diced
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak, diced small
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, diced small
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup freshly brewed Door County Elite Espresso
- 1 package (1 oz.) chili seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 can ( 15 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed & drained
- Garnishes: sour cream, chopped green onions, grated Swiss cheese
1. In Dutch oven over medium-high heat cook pancetta or bacon until nicely browned.
2. Transfer pancetta or bacon to paper towels.
3. Season beef and pork with salt and black pepper.
4. Add beef and pork to Dutch oven and brown all over.
5. Add onions, garlic, pepper and mushrooms.
6. Cook until vegetables are softened, 3-4 minutes.
7. Stir in coffee, chili seasoning, oregano and chipotle chilies. Cook 1 minute.
8. Stir in both tomatoes, wine and reserved pancetta, then bring to boil, cover with lid askew and reduce to simmer about 1 hour.
9. Stir in vinegar, chickpeas and black beans and cook uncovered 15 minutes longer, to mingle flavors and to thicken slightly.
To serve: ladle steaming chili into bowls. Top each with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of green onions and Swiss cheese. Serves 8.
Email Newsletter Sign-up
Door County Coffee & Tea Co.
PO Box 638 - 5773 Hwy 42 - Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin 54235
Toll Free: (800) 856-6613 - Cafe 920-743-8930
Copyright © 2016 Door County Coffee