Peanut Butter Surprise
By: Kathryn - Oxford, WI - Recipe Contest 2015
When my mom was a teenager she visited her Dad’s first cousin and his wife. My grandfather and his cousin Phillip were close and went deer and coon hunting together. Phillip’s wife was a bit of a gourmet cook and she made this dessert. My mom liked it so well that she asked her for the recipe and was impressed when she shared it with her. I tweaked the recipe by substituting coffee for some of the milk and I really like the way it turned out.
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 24 Graham crackers, crushed
- 6 Tablespoons Butter or margarine
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup Door County Coffee Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee
- ½ cup milk
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1½ cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (Or shaved semi-sweet chocolate)
1. Melt the butter.
2. Add flour, blending well.
3. Combine butter mixture and Graham cracker crumbs.
4. Mix well with a fork until butter mixture coats the crumbs.
5. Press mixture into 13” x 9” x 2” baking pan.
6. Chill one hour.
1. Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter, Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend coffee and milk.
2. Beat until well blended.
3. Fold Cool Whip into creamed mixture.
4. Spoon mixture into chilled crust.
5. Freeze until firm.
6. To serve sprinkle with chocolate bits and cut into squares.
Email Newsletter Sign-up
Door County Coffee & Tea Co.
PO Box 638 - 5773 Hwy 42 - Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin 54235
Toll Free: (800) 856-6613 - Cafe 920-743-8930
Copyright © 2016 Door County Coffee