Autumn Pumpkin Roll
By: John - Oxford, WI - Recipe Contest 2015
My family had never really been interested in jelly rolls because we didn't think the taste was worth the effort. After seeing this recipe for a pumpkin roll, my wife wanted to get jelly roll pans to try it. It is definitely worth the time and effort. My wife took it to her scrapbooking gathering, and the ladies all loved it. My daughter-in-law doesn't like pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread, but she loves this recipe and asks us to make it often.
This is a fan-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Espresso 10 oz. Bag Ground
- Powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 package (8 oz.) softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of strong brewed Door County Coffee Espresso or you r favorite strong brewed coffee (my family likes Door County Coffee Cinnamon Hazelnut or Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend coffee)
- Powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper.
3. Sprinkle a thin cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl.
5. Beat eggs and sugar in large mixer bowl until thick.
6. Beat in pumpkin.
7. Stir in flour mixture.
8. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
9. Sprinkle with nuts.
10. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched.
11. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel.
12. Carefully peel off paper.
13. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end.
14. Cool on wire rack.
1. Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, vanilla extract and Espresso coffee in small mixer bowl until smooth.
2. Carefully unroll cake, remove towel.
3. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake.
4. Reroll cake.
5. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour (I wrapped it in wax paper and aluminum foil).
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.