Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Spring & Summer Recipes|
Orange Creme Pana Cotta
By: Carrie Sherrill - Forestville, Wisconsin - 2020
“This dish is a fun way to use one of the best fruit-flavored coffees around!”
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Orange Creme Coffee 8 oz. Ground
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 orange
- 2 Tbsp. Door County Orange Crème coffee
- 4 Tbsp. Water
- 1 envelope (1/4 ounce) unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 2 cups whole milk or Half and Half (DIVIDED)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Honey for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a small, foil lined baking sheet, toast ½ cup walnut halves for 8 minutes. Remove pan from oven, salt walnuts. Cool, then chop coarsely and set aside.
- Turn oven off
- Grate 1 tsp orange peel. Set aside.
- Finely grind 2 Tbls. Door County Orange Crème coffee. Place into mesh tea infuser. Set aside.
- In small dish, combine 4 Tbls water with one packet of unflavored gelatin. Stir to combine, then rest for 15 minutes
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together 2 cups plain whole milk greek yogurt, 1 cup milk or half and half, 1 Tbls. Orange juice, and the tsp of grated orange peel.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup milk or half and half, 1/3 cup sugar, and the coffee in the tea infuser. Don’t worry if some fine coffee sneaks out into the milk mixture. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat and steep for 3-4 minutes. Remove coffee infusers. Stir in the gelatin until combined.
- Stir warm coffee/gelatin mixture into the bowl with the yogurt mixture.
- Lightly spray one 9 inch round layer pan or 6-7 custard dishes with cooking spray. Pour the mixture into the dish(es). Refrigerate at least 2 hours for small dishes or 6 hours for single layer pan.
- Set pan in warm water for 15 seconds and invert onto a plate if you wish before serving, or you can garnish and eat right out of the individual bowls.
- Garnish with thin orange slice, toasted walnuts, and a drizzle of honey just before serving.