Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Side Dishes|
Easy Elegan Sardine Salad with Door County Vinaigrette
By: Stacey - St. Thomas, VI - 2016 Recipe Contest
"This main-dish salad is beautiful, filling, and packed with healthy Omega-3 fatty acid. It is elegant enough to serve to company, or as a nice dinner for yourself. This recipe serves 2 but can be easily extended to serve more."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Cherry Creme Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tb pomegranate molasses
- 2 Tb extra strong Door County Cherry Creme coffee
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. smoked salt or to taste
- 2 pieces ciabatta or other hearty bread of your choice
- 2 Tb raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tb raw sunflower seeds
- 3 c. mesclun salad greens
- 2-5oz. tins boneless skinless sardines drained
- 6 sprigs fresh dill, or equivalent dried
- ½ cucumber (lengthwise)
- ½ ripe Haas avocado, sliced
- 1/3 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 16 sweet cherries, halved and pitted
- Whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients together and set aside.
- In a toaster or on griddle, toast bread until it is slightly charred and set aside to cool.
- In a dry pan, toast the pumpkin and sunflower seeds over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes.
- To assemble, divide about 2 cups of mesclun greens onto 2 plates. Place a piece of toasted ciabatta bread on top of the greens and drizzle bread lightly with vinaigrette.
- Top each piece of bread with half the sardines and lay the fresh dill on top or sprinkle lightly with dried dill.
- Slice the cucumber into very thin, long strips with either a mandolin, vegetable peeler, or a sharp knife. Place the cucumber slices over the sardines and dill.
- Artfully layer the avocado, red onion, and cherry halves on top of the cucumber.
- Top with the toasted seeds.
- Add the rest of the vinaigrette and serve immediately.