Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Sauces & Rubs|
Blackberry Coffee Rubbed Bison Tenderloin with Horseradish Henry Bain Sauce
By: Staci J. - Brooksville, KY - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"Coffee is a great ingredient in rub to make beef or Bison really pop."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Blackberry Shortcake Coffee 8 oz. Ground
Blackberry Coffee Spice Rub:
- 2 tablespoons Door County Blackberry Shortcake Coffee grinds
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup turbanado sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup A1 steak sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcester Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Horseradish
- 2 pound Bison Tenderloin
Horseradish Henry Bain Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth
- Transfer the sauce to a covered container and refrigerate overnight
- Combine all sugars, coffee and spices, and set aside
- Prepare your grill for two zone cooking - (If you are using a charcoal grill burn the charcoal only on one side. If using gas only light one side of the burners. Grill needs to preheat to 300°F).
- Thouroughy coat the Bison with the rub.
- Allow the Tenderloin to set at room temperature for at least ten minutes. Bringing the meat up to room temperature allows it to cook more evenly.
- Place the Tenderloin over indirect heat and grill for 20 minutes.
- Move the Bison over to direct heat and sear until the internal temperature reaches 145°F. (Keep a close eye on the meat because the sugars in the rub can burn easily.)
- Remove the Bison from the grill and let it rest for ten minutes
- Thinly slice the Tenderloin and drizzle with warmed Henry Bain sauce