|Recipes » Hot Coffee Drinks|
The Very Best Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
By: Brittni - Machesney Park, IL - Recipe Contest 2015
Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee is hands down the BEST on the market! Not to mention, it makes the house smell so incredible and inviting while brewing! While Door County Pumpkin Spice flavored coffee is amazing brewed on it’s own, my take on a pumpkin spice latte is autumn in a cup. This recipe is totally versatile so you can alter it to your own taste!
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Pumpkin Spice Coffee 8 oz. Bag Ground
- ½ cup Door County Coffee Pumpkin Spice Coffee - brewed strong (to brew strong coffee, use 1/2 the water you normally would use)
- ½ cup milk (2% or whole milk works best)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Wisconsin maple syrup
- Dash of pure vanilla extract
- Dash of pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream and cinnamon for topping
1. Using an immersion blender, blend together coffee, pumpkin, vanilla extract, spices, and maple syrup.
2. Heat milk and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once it starts to simmer, transfer the steamed milk into a blender and pulse on high. This will get the milk to become frothy and airy. If you happen to have a milk frother, use that instead of the blender.
3. Pour the coffee mixture into a mug and top it with the frothy milk.
4. Garnish your drink with a healthy serving of whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.