Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Hot Coffee Drinks|
By: Joanna - Silver Spring, MD - 2016 Recipe Contest
"This oatmeal drink is a traditional Dominican recipe passed down from generation to generation. It warms the soul and makes the heart happy! I like to add a shot of espresso for an extra kick to keep me going through the day."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
- 1/4 cup of oatmeal
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 3 shots of espresso made from Door County Coffee & Tea Co. Elite Espresso (separated)
- sugar to taste
- a dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Prepare the shots of espresso. Set aside.
- Blend the oatmeal and water in a blender until you achieve a liquid substance. Strain the liquid and discard the solids.
- In a medium pot, heat the oatmeal liquid, water, brown sugar, milk, cinnamon stick, salt and nutmeg over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture boils, lower the heat and simmer until the mixture becomes creamier and is reduced by 1/4.
- Pour hot mixture into three mugs. Add a shot of espresso to each mug. Add additional sugar to taste, and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon.