Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Holiday Recipe Collection|
White Christmas Cut-Out Cookies
By: Carrie Sherrill - 2018
"These cookies are so delicious and fun to make. We always get together to make Christmas cookies as a family, and the year I brought this recipe was the best year ever! So much so, that this recipe is always a holiday staple that we make together! You can taste the coffee in the cookie and in the frosting!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of our Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: White Christmas Coffee Full-Pot Bag
- 1/4 lb. lard at room temperature
- ¼ lb. Butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk at room temperature
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp strong brewed White Christmas Coffee at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda dissolved in ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 to 3/1/2 cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 3 Tbsp White Christmas coffee steeped in 1/2cups boiling water and cooled
- 4 Tbsp Butter at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp strong brewed White Christmas Coffee at room temp.
- 2 Tbsp Light cream (half and half)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Combine 3 cups flour, salt and baking powder.In Large mixing bowl, combine lard, butter, and sugar. Beat until creamy (3-4 minutes). Add egg and egg yolk, vanilla extract and coffee. Beat until combined.
- Stir baking soda into buttermilk. Set aside.
- Combine 3 cups flour, salt and baking powder
- Add ½ of flour mixture, ½ of buttermilk mixture, then the remaining flour and buttermilk. If dough is very soft, add the additional ½ cup of flour.
- Chill dough several hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide dough in half. On well floured surface, roll dough to ¼ inch thickness and cut with floured cookie cutters to desired shape. Repeat with other half of dough and then last of all with scraps of dough.
- Place cookies on parchment lined sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine ingredients in mixing bowl. Beat until well combined.
- Frost and decorate cookies as desired.