Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Holiday Recipe Collection|
Gingerbread Spice Latte Cake Roll
By: Carrie Sherrill - Forestville, Wisconsin - 2018
"This recipe is my biggest crowd pleaser at family holiday gatherings. The smell and taste of the coffee in the cake puts it over the top, out of this world,delicious. I get asked every single year to have it at Christmas Eve dinner, and it's the first dessert finished!"
This is a fan-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Gingerbread Spice Latte Coffee 8 oz. Bag Ground
- 4 large eggs, separated, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Molasses
- 2 Tbsp. Gingerbread Spice Latte Coffee brewed
- 1 1/3 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Ginger
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Gingerbread Spice Latte Coffee with ½ cup boiling water. Steep 5 minutes, strain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10”X15” sheet pan and line with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg yolks and sugar and beat until light (about 5 minutes). Add the vanilla extract, yogurt, molasses and coffee. Beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to batter until combined. Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Invert warm cake onto a tea towel dusted generously with powdered sugar. Peel off parchment. Roll cake up with the tea towel and place on wire rack. Cool to room temperature.
- In mixing bowl, combine 8 oz. Cream cheese (at room temperature), 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar, 2 Tbsp. Soft butter, 3 Tbsp. Coffee, ¼ tsp. Ginger, and ¼ tsp. Cinnamon. Beat well.
- Unroll cooled cake and spread with filling. Roll up again and place on platter. Cover with plastic wrap and cool completely in refrigerator. Slice and serve with a dusting of powdered sugar.