Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Holiday Recipe Collection|
Black and Tan Cookies
By: Kathi H. - Grand Junction, CO - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"This cookie is the combination of two of my favorite cookies. Sometimes you want that sweet treat of a toffee filled cookie (the Tan side) and sometimes you want a treat with a kick (the Black side). Now you can have both together."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of our Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Almond Toffee Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- ½ cup soft Butter
- 1 1/3 cup Crisco Butter Flavored Shortening
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 T cold Almond Toffee Coffee
- 3 Tbs Pure Mexican Vanilla
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup Door Country Marich Milk Chocolate Toffee Almonds, chopped
- 1 ½ cups Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 Tbs cold Door Country Black and Tan Coffee brewed strong
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- ¾ cup Door Country Cherry De-Lite Dried Cherries chopped
- Beat ½ cup butter and ½ cup shortening, then add 1 ½ cups sugar, beat well.
- Add 2 eggs.
- 1 at a time, add 1 Tablespoon vanilla and 1 cup cold Almond Toffee coffee.
- Combine 2 ¾ cup flour and 1 teaspoon baking soda and ¼ teaspoon salt in bowl. Add flour mixture to butter and sugar mixture, mix till combined, stir in chopped toffee.
- Place dough in fridge to chill 10-15 minutes.
- Beat 2/3 cup shortening, then add 1 ½ cups brown sugar, beat till smooth.
- Add 2 eggs, then 1 at a time, add 1 tablespoon vanilla and 2 tablespoons Door County Black and Tan coffee.
- Combine 1 ½ cups flour, 1/3 cup cocoa, ¼ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon cayenne.
- Add flour mixture to Shortening and Sugar mixture, mix till combined. Stir in chopped Door Country Cherry De Lite Dried cherries.
- Take a rounded spoonful of each dough and press both dough’s together side by side and gently roll the dough into a ball.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6 to 7 minutes or until set but not hard.
- Optional to drizzle White Chocolate on the Black side and Dark Chocolate on the Tan side and to add a few chopped chocolate toffee almonds on top.