Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dinner|
Vanilla Rum & Coffee Infused Sausage
By: Ben - Pasadena, CA - 2016 Recipe Contest
"Its a unique use of great coffee paired with a good summer dish."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Breakfast Blend Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 each vanilla bean split in half
- ½ cup dark rum
- 1 cup brewed Door County Breakfast Blendcoffee
- ½ cup tapioca maltodextrin
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic flakes
- 3 teaspoons onion granules
- 2 ½ tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon course black pepper
- 2 ½ pounds ground pork
- 1 each 12in hog casing
- First in a large sauce pot add the vanilla bean, rum and coffee cook over medium low heat for 20 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Once the mixture has reduced, remove from the pot and place into a large mixing bowl now whisk in the tapioca maltodextrin continue to whisk until fully incorporated (mixture should look like wet sand).
- Next add the cumin, oregano, cayenne, garlic, onion, salt and black pepper whisk to combine. Add the pork and mix evenly until coffee mixture is fully incorporated into the pork, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Now tie one end of the hog casing by folding it over itself, place the pork mixture into a piping bag and gently start to fill the hog casing with the mixture; once the mixture is in the casing tie the end off and fold over as to tie a knot do this two more times (this will create the sausage links). Place under refrigeration for 1 hour before use.