Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dinner|
Sausage Migas Ranchero (Gluten-Free)
By: Suzanne - Basking Ridge, NJ - 2016 Recipe Contest
Featured ingredient: Sumatra Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 dried pasilla chile (or other medium-hot chile like ancho)
- 3/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup brewed Door County Sumatra Coffee
- 1/4 cup broth (or water)
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 ounces of bulk pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 can (4-ounce) chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons salsa (plus more for serving)
- Black pepper as needed
- 1 cup corn chips
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (divided use)
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 2 sliced avocados
- 8 corn tortillas - charred on stove or grill
- Rinse chile and slit the center to remove the seeds. Roast it in a skillet for 3-4 minutes; turn occasionally to avoid burning.
- Soak it in hot water for 20 minutes. Process chile in a blender or food processor with tomatoes, coffee, broth, 1 teaspoon salt, and honey.
- Cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat. Break up sausage meat with a wooden spoon; sprinkle it with chile powder and cumin and stir in canned green chiles.
- Cook until sausage is completely browned. Stir in the ranchero chile sauce. Bring to a low simmer and stir in sour cream.
- Melt butter in another large skillet over medium heat; add onion and cook until softened.
- In large bowl beat eggs 2 tablespoons salsa and salt and black pepper as needed. Reduce the heat to low; add eggs and cook while stirring frequently just until curds start to form.
- Stir in corn chips 1/4 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons cilantro; continue to cook until eggs are softly scrambled.
- To serve divide sausage and eggs among 4 wide shallow bowls. Add avocado and salsa as garnishes.
- Serve with charred tortillas and sprinkle with fresh cilantro and remaining cheese.