Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dinner|
By: Roxanne - Albany, CA - Recipe Contest 2015
This is a fan-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchen of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 pound lean ground beef, crumbled
- 1 box(8 ounces) Israeli couscous (pearl couscous)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups Door County Extra Strength Intense Dark brewed Coffee (to brew strong coffee, use 1/2 the water you normally would use)
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- garnish- grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat warm the oil.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, beef and couscous.
- Saute, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, coffee and puree.
- Cook uncovered 10 minutes or till the couscous is tender and the mixture is still moist.
- Add the parsley and pepper.
- Garnish each serving with cheese.