Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dinner|
Kicked Up Beef Stew
By: Susan – Conyers, GA – 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
“This is a simple one pot meal that is a very satisfying comfort food for the cold winter we've had. The coffee and the mole paste combine to give the stew a deep, rich and spicy flavor. Wonderful with crusty bread!”
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Breakfast Blend Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 lb. lean beef cut into 1" cubes
- 1 large thinly sliced sweet onion
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 C. Door County Coffee Breakfast Blend
- 1 C. beef broth
- 3 medium thinly sliced carrots
- 8 oz thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. mole paste (found in international aisle)
- In a large non-stick pot heat 1 Tbsp. oil on medium.
- Add beef and brown about 4 minutes; remove beef and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan.
- Add onions and cook over medium heat about 10 minutes (stir occasionally).
- Add garlic and stir and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Stir in coffee and scrape up any browned bits from the pot.
- Add beef broth and mole and stir; bring to a simmer.
- Add beef and carrots and potatoes and simmer on low 1 1/2 hours.