Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dinner|
French Roast Barbecue Chicken
By: Vivian - Middleburg, FL - 2016 Recipe Contest
"The richness of the coffee really makes the chicken spectacular. It's moist and reminiscent of slow cooked barbecue."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: French Roast Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 / 3 cup Door County French Roast coffee, pulsed fine in a coffee mill
- 1 / 2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne powder - or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 chicken - cut up
- 1 tablespoon Door County French Roast coffee
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 /4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 / 4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 / 2 teaspoon worcestershire
- Combine all ingredients (except chicken) and mix well.
- Cover the chicken all over with the dry rub; lifting up skin to coat the meat. Cover and marinate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Heat grill or oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken directly on grill grates or on a rack atop a baking sheet. Cook for 20 - 30 minutes until golden brown and a thermometer inserted into the thigh reads 165 degrees. Serve with sauce.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a medium sauce pan, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients and simmer until coffee is dissolved. Refrigerate until ready to use.