|Recipes » Dinner|
Creamy Bourbon Coffee Prawns with Buttery Toasted Baguette
By: Josee L. - New Port Richey, FL - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"Combining Door County Coffee with a decadent seafood dish absolutely compliments each other and is incredibly delicious."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Sunrise in Door County 10oz. Bag Ground
- ¼ cup brewed Sunrise in Door County coffee cooled
- 10 jumbo prawns peeled & deveined
- ½ teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 slices French baguette
- 2 teaspoons salted butter softened
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley chopped fine
1. Season the prawns with old bay seasoning in a non-stick pan on medium high heat add oil when oil is hot. Add prawns cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side until prawns have turned pink
2. While shrimp is cooking in a small sauce pan on medium heat, add the Sunrise in Door County coffee, heavy cream, bourbon, ketchup, and salt & pepper. Then whisk until sauce starts to boil.
3. Remove from heat, then add 2 tablespoons of butter and whisk again until butter is well incorporated and sauce has come together
4. Spread remaining butter over sliced baguette, then place in toaster oven and toast until golden brown
5. In 2 shallow bowls, pour equal amounts of sauce and place 5 prawns in each bowl on top of sauce as well as 4 slices of toasted baguette sprinkle each with Italian parsley