Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dinner|
Columbian Keema Curry
By: Hidemi - Plainfield, IN - 2016 Recipe Contest
"I love curry so much that I cook it very often. This recipe is very flexible as well, such as adjust the spiciness with dried chili, add yogurt or milk if you prefer mild taste. But brewed Door County Columbian Coffee is the key to success to make delicious curry. When you eat, break the poached egg and enjoy the curry with gooey egg yolk!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Colombian Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 1 Small sweet onion
- 1/2 cup Minced carrots
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup Frozen Sweet peas (thawed)
- 2 cups Canned diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 teaspoons Grated ginger
- 4 Dried chili
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric
- 4 teaspoons Ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Ground coriander seed
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons Curry powder
- 3 cups Brewed Door County Colombian Coffee
- 2 teaspoons Garam masala
- 4 Large Eggs
- 3 cups Water
- 1/4 cup White wine vinegar
- Cooked Rice of your choice for serving
- Peel and mince onion and garlic. Mince dried chili pepper and remove seeds.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, reduce heat to medium-low and cook stirring constantly until golden brown. Add diced tomatoes with juice, carrots, garlic, ginger, chili pepper, turmeric, coriander and cumin to the pot. Cook stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Then add ground beef to the pot, increase the heat to medium and cook until ground beef is browned. Stir in coffee, curry powder, sweet peas and salt to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer partially covered for 25-30 minutes stirring occasionally (until the liquid is almost absorbed).
- In the meantime, make poached eggs one by one. Put water and vinegar into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Crack each egg into 4 small shallow bowls separately.
- When the water mixture boils, reduce heat to low and with a fork or spoon, stir the water mixture in one direction until it is spinning around.
- Drop 1 egg carefully into the center of the whirlpool. Let it poach for 2 minutes and 30 seconds (don’t touch the egg). With a slotted spoon, take the poached egg out of the saucepan and put into a plate. Repeat 3 more time to make 3 more poached eggs.
- After 25-30 minutes, add garam masala to the pot and keep simmering until the liquid is absorbed, To serve, put the rice into 4 serving platters and put the curry over the rice evenly, Top with 1 poached egg for each.