Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dinner|
Coffee Rub Carnita Street Tacos
By: Karen - Quitman, AR - 2016 Recipe Contest
Featured ingredient: Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 4 tablespoons Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee (not brewed)
- 3/4 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 7-9 pound pork shoulder roast
- 1 1/2 cups lemon lime soda
- 20 - 6 inch flour tortillas
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups diced mangos
- Using a food processor or a small food chopper blend the coffee, spices, salt and brown sugar together for about 20 second or until ground very fine.
- Rinse the meat and then spread the spice rub over the entire roast.
- Place the roast in a large crockpot, cover and put in the refrigerator overnight or at least two hours.
- Turn the crockpot to low heat and cook for 8 hours or until meat is very tender and falls apart.
- Remove meat and shred. Drain off liquid reserving 1 1/4 cups.
- Return meat and reserved liquid to the crockpot keeping warm until ready to serve.
- Finely chop the cilantro, then add the remaining ingredients and toss. Place generous amount of meat in a warmed tortilla and top with the fresh salsa.