Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dinner|
Coffee Crusted Veal Marrow w/Bacon Chimichurri
By: Jodi - Altadena, CA - 2016 Recipe Contest
Featured ingredient: Tanzanian Peaberry Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 8 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 1/2 cup Door County Ground Tanzanian Peaberry Coffee
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 large veal marrow bones (split lengthwise)
- 1 cup Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 fresh crusty baguette
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roughy chop bacon and cook in a skillet set over medium heat until crisp. When done, transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Combine coffee, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1 teaspoon each salt & pepper and just enough of the rendered bacon fat to make a paste.
- Rub paste all over the cut side of the marrow bones and down the open sides.
- Place marrow bones, cut side up on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, or until marrow is soft and has begun to separate from the bone.
- While marrow bones bake, add all the remaining ingredients (including bacon and remaining bacon fat) to a food processor and pulse until fine.
- When marrow bones are almost done, pop the baguette in the oven to warm through.
- Slather cooked marrow bones with the chimichurri and serve with slices of fresh warm crusty baguette and any rendered juices that collected in the bottom of the baking sheet.