|Recipes » Dinner|
Coffee and Chile Rub Rib-eye
By: Mike C. - Wellington, KS - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Breakfast Blend Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- One 1-1.5 inch ribeye steak
- 1 tsp ground Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee
- 1/4 tsp chile de arbor
- 1/2 tsp ground guajillo chile
- 1/2 tsp ground ancho chile
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1. Mix your wet ingredients and coat steak in soy and worcestershire.
2. Once its coated, mix the coffee, chiles, salt and pepper.
3. Use your rub to generously coat the front and back of your steak.
4. After it's coated, place on a hot grill, around 500-600 degrees.
5. Let it sit around 3 minutes then turn it 45 degrees to get a nice cross mark.
6. Let it sit around 3 minutes on that side then flip and grill for 3, then turn, and another 3 minutes. Depending on the thickness of your steak this should result in a beautiful medium rare.