HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dinner|
Black Velvet Pot Roast
By: Jamie – Rio Hondo, TX - 1st Place Winner 2015
"This is my Sunday Dinner Roast. I lost my mother-in-law before I could get her Roast recipe out of her. I knew I could never duplicate hers so I set out to make one as memorable but, all my own. This is the recipe I came up with through much trial and error. I just kicked it up by changing to Black Velvet coffee. It is so smooth. My family loves this roast and asks me to make it all the time."
This is a fan-submitted recipe. It was also tested in the kitchen of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
- 1 Cup Strong Brewed Black Velvet Coffee
- 2/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 31/2 pound Pot Roast
- In a 1 Gallon freezer bag mix together, brewed Black Velvet Coffee, Soy Sauce, Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, Onion powder and Brown Sugar.
- Add Roast and seal to marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place marinated Roast in a 9 X 13 baking pan. Pour 1/4 cup of marinade over Roast.
- Cover with Aluminum Foil and roast 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours.
- Rest 10 minutes before cutting.