Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dinner|
Black and Brew Street Tacos
By: Sandra - Camillus, NY - Recipe Contest 2015
If you’ve ever ordered authentic street tacos in a Mexican restaurant, it’s a delicious flavor you won’t soon forget! Black and Brew Street Tacos are inspired by Mexican street tacos. The magic in these tacos is the Door County Ground Colombian Coffee that's mixed into a flavorful spice rub to enhance the NY Strip steak. My family and I love these tacos and it is a fun twist for our dinner line up!
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Colombian Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp Door County Coffee ground Colombian Coffee
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp onion
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs NY strip steak
- 8 flour tortillas
- Red onion chopped for topping
- Taco sauce or salsa for topping
- Place oven rack on the highest position and preheat the broiler to high.
- In a bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, black pepper, salt, smoked paprika, coffee grounds, garlic and onion powders.
- Rub olive oil on all sides of steak and coat steak with spice rub mixture.
- Let steak stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Broil steak for 4 - 5 minutes, each side for medium rare.
- Remove steak from broiler, transfer and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Carve steak into thin strips.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Top each tortilla with equal amounts of steak, red onion & your favorite taco sauce.