HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dinner|
Baked Tiramisu Risotto
By: Hidemi - Plainfield, IN - 2016 Recipe Contest
"Special meal because I made this for our 6th wedding anniversary since my husband loves tiramisu. I have made tiramisu pasta using instant coffee before, I got inspired by my tiramisu pasta. Cooking bacon and coffee together bring out nice smoky flavor. To make the taste milder, not too bitter coming from coffee, I added egg. Perfect meal to celebrate something romantic."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Colombian Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 cup Cooked White Long Grain Rice
- 1/4 Small Sweet Onion
- 2 slices Bacon
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Brewed Door County Colombian Coffee
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoons Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 Large Egg
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Peel and mince onion.
- In a bowl, mix together parmesan cheese and cocoa. Cook bacon in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels then chop bacon. Put the bacon into a small bowl with maple syrup. Stir to coat well and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and cook onion until translucent. Stir in coffee and bring to a simmer. Stir in rice and simmer until coffee is almost absorbed. Stir in milk and mascarpone cheese to the saucepan. Simmer stirring constantly to dissolve mascarpone cheese and keep simmering stirring frequently until the liquid is almost absorbed (not completely).
- Then stir in bacon mixture to the saucepan and add salt and black pepper to taste. Transfer the risotto into a 24 oz. ramekin. Make a dent in the center of the risotto and crack in egg. Sprinkle parmesan cheese mixture over the top and bake in preheated 400 degrees F oven for 7-8 minutes.