Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Vegan Mocha Cake
By: Dorothy - Middleton, WI - Recipe Contest 2015
This is my favorite chocolate cake recipe. It's based on a recipe called "Lickety-split" cake that I found in an old cookbook that I bought at a garage sale. As the name implies, it is extremely simple to make, requiring only a single bowl. Using coffee for the liquid was my idea; it gives the cake a richer flavor and color.
I have a lot of Hindu and Sikh friends who don't eat eggs, so I can bake this cake for them, as well as for vegans and people just trying to eat healthy (note that it has liquid vegetable oil!)
This is a fan-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchen of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
- 1 ½ c unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 c sugar
- ¼ c cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 c cold brewed Door County Coffee Intense Dark coffee
- ¼ c + 2 T vegetable oil (=6 Tbsp)
- 1 T vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add all liquid ingredients and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9” round cake pan or 8” square baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350° for 35-40 min or until cake tester inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 min and remove from pan.