|Recipes » Dessert|
Vanilla Mocha Donuts
By: Marisa – Vaughan, ON – 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
"This donut is rich in color because of the cocoa and coffee. Cakey and light in texture, they are also low in fat since they are baked and not fried. A guilt-free sweet treat to enjoy with your morning coffee!!!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Elite Espresso 10 oz. Bag Ground
1/4 brown sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup yogurt, vanilla
1/4 cup brewed Door County Elite Espresso, room temp
1/4 cup oil
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp brewed Door County Elite Espresso, room temp
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Blend Door County Elite Espresso, cocoa, yogurt, egg, vanilla, sugar and oil together in a large bowl.
- Add flour and baking soda into the bowl and mix together with a spatula just until blended.
- Spoon batter into a sprayed 6 donut shaped baking sheet and place onto a larger cookie baking sheet for stability.
- Bake for 10-12 min.
- Cool for 5 min & then loosen the sides with a sharp knife or toothpick. (The bottom will be nicely browned).
- Cool completely.
- Mix together powdered sugar, brewed Door County Elite Espresso, milk & vanilla in a small bowl. (If this is too thick for your liking add another Tbsp. of milk or coffee.)
- Pour glaze through a sieve to catch any lumps if needed.
- Dip the donut into the glaze.
- Allow to drip over a rack lined with wax paper for easy clean up or re-drizzling.