|Recipes » Dessert|
Vanilla Coffee Cheesecake and Coffee Chocolate Mousse Cake
By: Hidemi W. - Centreville, VA - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"All the favorites: cheesecake, chocolate and coffee."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Vanilla Creme Brulee Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 tablespoon non-brewed Door County Vanilla Crème Brulee Coffee (ground)
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (cold )
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Strong brewed Door County Vanilla Crème Brulee Coffee
- 1 tablespoon Un-brewed Door County Vanilla Crème Brulee Coffee (ground)
- 1 package (8 oz) Cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup strong brewed Door County Vanilla Crème Brulee Coffee
- 1 container (8 oz.) Frozen whipped topping (softened and divided)
- 3.5 oz Dark chocolate bar (at least 73% cocoa)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, line the bottom of 6-inch springform cake pan with detachable bottom with parchment paper, and grease all sides of the cake pan with nonstick cooking spray
- In a bowl, mix together flour, 1/3 cup of granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon of ground coffee (not brewed)
- Add the butter (diced) to the bowl and mix until crumbly
- Take 1 cup of the mixture out of the bowl then transfer into the cake pan. With your hands press mixture firmly on the bottom of the pan and spread the rest of mixture on a baking sheet in a single layer. Put both cake pan and baking sheet into the oven and baked in the oven for 15 minutes or until crumbles are nicely browned. Then remove both cake pan and baking sheet out of the oven and set aside
- In a bowl, put all ingredients for the coffee cheesecake into a blender or food processor and blend until combined and smooth
- When the crust has baked, reduce the temperature of the oven to 325°F
- Wrap the bottom of the cake pan with foil in double layer tightly and put hot water into a large baking dish up to 1-1.5-inch
- Put the cheesecake butter, straining through a fine sieve into the cake pan and place the cake pan gently into the baking dish and put the baking dish into the oven
- Bake in the oven for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cheesecake comes out clean and remove the cake pan from the baking dish and let cool on a rack to room temperature
- Chop chocolate bar in a large heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Then combine chocolate and 1/4 cup of coffee and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth
- Remove the bowl from pot and add half container of the whipped topping to the bowl and mix to combine. Then put the mixture on the cheesecake and smooth the top of chocolate mixture evenly.
- Refrigerate until mousse is set (at least 2 hours up to overnight)
- When the mousse has set, remove the cake from the pan and spread the rest of the whipped topping top and all sides of the cake.
- Put the crumble over the top and all sides of the cake and enjoy!