Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
By: Rachel – Hurlburt Field, FL – 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
“I wanted to make a breakfast version of my favorite dessert, so I came up with these.” What a fabulous idea this was indeed! Serve these muffins with a steamy mug of Door County Coffee French Roast for a memorable breakfast combination!
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: French Roast Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 2/3 C. all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tsp. baking powder, divided
- 1/2 C. sugar, divided
- 1/3 C. whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1/2 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. instant coffee
- 1 Tbsp. coffee liqueur
- 1/3 C. brewed Door County Coffee French Roast
- Cocoa powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 1 1/3 cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Pour in milk, vanilla, 3 tablespoons oil and 1 egg.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry until the batter comes together and no large lumps remain, about 25-30 seconds.
- Fold in chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a small cup, stir together instant coffee, liqueur and brewed Door County Coffee until instant coffee has dissolved.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 1/3 cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Pour in 3 tablespoons oil, 1 egg and coffee-liqueur mixture. Stir together until the batter is mostly smooth, 25-30 seconds.
- Fill each paper liner slightly less than half full with the coffee batter. Top coffee batter with chocolate-chip batter until liner is nearly full. Repeat until all 12 paper liners are filled.
- Place muffins in preheated oven and bake 22-27 minutes until muffins have risen and are baked through.
- Remove from heat and let sit 10-15 minutes.
- To serve, dust with cocoa powder as desired.