Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Tiramisu Dessert Blintzes
By: Michele K. - Columbus, OH - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"The coffee also made a delicious sauce and the dessert tasted like tiramisu when cocoa was added."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Chocolate Caramel Truffle Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1/2 cup brewed and cooled Door County Chocolate Caramel Truffle coffee, divided
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 pinches of salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided + 1 teaspoon for dusting
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, egg, and 1/4 cup coffee. Slowly add milk to the bowl while continuing to whisk.
- Add a pinch of salt, oil, and sugar and continue whisking until everything is well-incorporated and batter is completely smooth. Allow batter to rest at room temperature for at least 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine mascarpone, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Place mixture in a zip-top plastic bag and cut off a corner of the bag.
- Heat an 8-9-inch non-stick skillet to medium temperature. Spray the skillet with cooking spray.
- Pour a thin layer of blintz batter into the skillet and tilt the pan in a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly. Cook blintz for about 1 to 2 minutes until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, and turn the blintz over and cook its other side for about 1 minute.
- Move blintz to a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding cooking spray as needed.
- To wrap and stuff the blintzes, squeeze approximately 2 tablespoons of mascarpone filling on the lower part of each blintz, about an inch from the edge. Fold the lower edge of the blintz up over the filling. Fold the sides of the blintz inward, then roll the blintz up and over the filling, tucking the edges as you roll.
- Place blintzes back in the skillet, seam side down, on low heat while making the sauce.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and a pinch of salt into a small bowl. Stir remaining coffee in, one tablespoon at a time, until it is drizzling consistency.
- Place blintzes on a serving tray and drizzle with coffee sauce. Dust with powdered sugar then cocoa powder.