Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
By: Hidemi - Plainfield, IN - 2016 Recipe Contest
Featured ingredient: Vanilla Cappuccino Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1.5 tablespoons Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Brewed Door County Vanilla Cappuccino Coffee, (ground)
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 2 slices Bacon
- 1/4 cup Strong brewed Door County Columbian Coffee, (ground)
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Pecan halves
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for serving
- Sift together flour and baking powder into a bowl. Chop bacon and chop pecans coarsely and then set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg, granulated sugar, 1/2 cup of coffee and milk. Add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix to combine.
- In a non-stick skillet, melt1/2 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. When the butter melts, put the half of pancake batter into the skillet and cook until bubbles appear on the surface and begin to set around the edges of the pancake.
- Then flip with a spatula and cook until golden brown on the other side. Place the pancake on a serving platter. Repeat this one more time to make one more pancake with the rest of pancake batter and 1/2 tablespoon of butter.
- When the second pancake has cooked, put on the first pancake.
- Make sauce in another non-stick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Discard the excess bacon grease if it is too much.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of butter to the skillet. When the butter melts, stir in 1/4 cup of coffee and maple syrup. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Turn off the heat and stir in pecans. Pour the sauce over the pancake. Put vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on top (if you wish).