|Recipes » Dessert|
Sugar & Cream Mocha Cafe Cookies
By: Kim V. - Caldwell, NJ - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: German Chocolate Cake Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoon finely ground Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee
- 1 sticks (1 cup) salted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean insides scraped, pod discarded
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 & 1/2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 & 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips divided
- 1/3 cup sparkling sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add in the granulated and brown sugars as well as the scraped vanilla bean. Cream for one minute.
3. Add in the molasses, cream, and finely ground Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee. Mix for one minute.
4. Sift together the cinnamon, flour, baking soda, and salt.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients mixing until just incorporated.
6. Fold inn 1 & 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
7. Using a 2 tablespoon size spring loaded cookie scoop scoop out level scoops of dough. Roll the dough between the palms of your hands to create a ball. Gently push the dough down between your palms to form a disc roughly 2 inches in diameter.
8. Place the sparkling sugar into a small bowl.
9. Dip the top of the flattened cookie into the sugar to cover.
10. Place on the baking sheet face up. Space cookies 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes.
11. Allow cookies to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Allow the cookies to cool completely.
12. Melt the remaining chocolate chips according to package instructions.
13. Spread 1/2 tablespoon of melted chocolate onto the underside of each cookie.
14. Return the cookie to a parchment lined tray, chocolate side up.
15. Place in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set. Enjoy!