Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Spazzacamino Coffee Sabayon
By: Jeffrey - Bahama, NC - 2016 Recipe Contest
"Spazzacamino is a really simple italian dessert, because it is just a splash of alcohol, gelato, and a dusting of espresso. For it to be good you need all the ingredients to the best. You cannot use inferior coffee for this dessert because it has to shine. I love the idea of sabayon, because it is a warm sauce to go with ice cream and not heavy like a fudge or caramel. Using a coffee sabayon in a spazzacamino just gives the dish the extra push of coffee and who doesn't like a little more coffee flavor in a dessert."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Colombian Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 6 oz. Freshly brewed Door County Coffee Colombian coffee
- 4 Egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Kahlua (optional Rum)
- Chocolate Gelato
- 1 tablespoon Fine Grind or Extra Fine Grind Door County Coffee Colombian coffee
- Brew fresh coffee then allow it to cool, next begin whisking it together with the egg yolks and sugar in a metal bowl.
- Place this mixture in the top of a double boiler pan on medium heat, and beat it with whisk until fluffy. Continue to beat the mixture, and slowly add the Kahlua as you continue to mix.
- Continue beating until the volume of the mixture triples. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes off the heat before plating.
- Spoon Sabayon in the bottom of a serving dish, place two large scoops of Chocolate Gelato and then dust the gelato with Finely Ground Door County Coffee Colombian coffee to finish.