|Recipes » Dessert|
Razzle Dazzle Raspberry Sorbet Chocolate Roll
By: Sharon H. - Minneapolis, MN - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
- 8 Tbsp. Door County Raspberry Sorbet Coffee
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 Tbsp. cold water
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Red Food Coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Prepare and cool 8 Tbsp. of Door County Raspberry Sorbet Coffee
3. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, set aside, separate egg whites and egg yolks, beat egg yolks until thick, gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, add vanilla and 4 Tbsp. Door County Raspberry Sorbet Coffee expresso to mixture, and then beat for 2 minutes.
4. Combine egg whites and water, beat until frothy, gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beat until stiff and shiny, set aside.
5. Gently fold egg yolks into egg white mixture, fold dry ingredients into egg mixture until blended (be careful not to over mix).
6. Spread batter evenly in greased parchment paper lined 15”x10” jelly roll pan and bake for 12-15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, immediately loosen sides of pan, and turn out on towel sprinkled generously with confectioner’s sugar.
8. Carefully peel off parchment paper starting at narrow end, roll cake and towel into a roll, cool on wire rack for 30 minutes.
9. Beat whipping cream until firm, then add 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar, 4 Tbsp. Door County Raspberry Sorbet Coffee and food coloring.
10. Unroll cake, spread with whipped cream mixture, top mixture with 1 cup raspberries, then roll again in towel.
11. Refrigerate for 4 hours and then garnish with remaining raspberries and additional confectioner’s sugar.