|Recipes » Dessert|
Raspberry Coffee Almond Fudge Bundt Cake
By: Laurie Figone - Petaluma, CA - 1st Place Winner 2017
"I ordered Door County coffee for the first time after seeing your recipe contest. You included a sample of your 'Raspberry Sorbet' coffee. Truthfully, I told myself "yuck" when I read the flavor...BOY was I wrong!!! When I opened the sample and took a whiff I couldn't wait to brew a pot...I am in LOVE with Door County 'Raspberry Sorbet'...I guess you could say it was "Love at first whiff!" The flavor is phenomenal...and I just knew immediately that it was going to be fabulous in a dessert...and...BaMM...hope you enjoy my "Raspberry Coffee-Almond-Fudge-Bundt Cake".
Featured ingredient: Raspberry Sorbet Coffee 8 oz. Ground
- 1/4 cup DOOR COUNTY Raspberry Sorbet Flavored Coffee grounds
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose-flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup brewed DOOR COUNTY Raspberry Sorbet Flavored Coffee, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup brewed DOOR COUNTY Raspberry Sorbet Flavored Coffee
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350’.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
- Add 1/4 cup coffee grounds and 1/2 cup almonds to food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs one at a time; beat for 2 minutes on high.
- While that is beating: in a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Combine 1/2 cup brewed coffee with milk.
- On low speed, add flour in 3 additions alternately with coffee-milk mixture to butter mixture, just until blended, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Gently fold in coffee and almond mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes in preheated oven; until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- While cake is baking make Raspberry Coffee Syrup: In a small saucepan combine 1 cup brewed coffee with 1 cup sugar; bring to a simmer. Simmer until thick and syrup consistency (about 30 minutes).
- When cake is done cool on rack for 15 minutes. Invert cake onto cooling rack. Set rack over a pan. Brush warm cake with warm Raspberry Coffee Syrup until all of the syrup has been absorbed into cake. Refrigerate cake until chilled.
- In a medium bowl place semi-sweet chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream, microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir with whisk until smooth. Refrigerate until almost set; thick enough to drizzle on cooled cake without it running off. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped almonds.