Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Pecan Brittle Cream filled Mocha Banana Roll
By: Yoshiharu S. - Sonoma, CA - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
- 2 tablespoons Door County Espresso Fine Grind
- 3 egg Yolk
- 5 tablespoons Sugar for egg yolk
- 3 egg White
- 3 tablespoons sugar for egg white, (meringue)
- 2/3 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa powder
- 1 cup Pecan, coarsely chopped and toasted
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Bananas
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven 375˚F.
- Prepare mixing bowl, place egg yolk and sugar into bowl and mix well with whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Prepare another mixing bowl, place egg white into bowl then whip with whisk, add sugar little by little to make meringue
- Mix flour, baking powder, coffee powder and cocoa powder then strain.
- Add meringue to egg yolk and mix gently then add flour mixture, mix gently again.
- Set oven paper on cookie sheet, spread batter on it then bake in oven 10 minutes.
- Take out from oven then cool down, place paper on cake to save moist.
- Prepare medium size sauce pan, place water and sugar in it then boil on medium heat.
- Heat until sugar turn to caramel (little dark brown, 245-250˚F) then remove from heat.
- Soak bottom of sauce pan in water bath to cool down little then add pecan and stir well
- Spread on silicon cookie sheet and cool down.
- Prepare mixing bowl, place heavy cream and sugar then whip.
- Crush pecan brittle with blender or food processor coarsely, add to whipped cream.
- Spread on sponge cake, place banana on cream to be center of roll cake then roll up.
- Wrap roll cake with aluminum foil to hold shape, rest in refrigerator 15-20 minutes
- Remove foil and oven paper, slice then serve it.