|Recipes » Dessert|
Peanut Butter Surprise
By: Kathryn - Oxford, WI - Recipe Contest 2015
When my mom was a teenager she visited her Dad’s first cousin Phillip and his wife. Phillip’s wife was a bit of a gourmet cook and she made this wonderulf dessert. My mom liked it so well that she asked her for the recipe and continued to make it on herself. I tweaked the recipe by substituting coffee for some of the milk and I really like the way it turned out.
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 24 Graham crackers, crushed
- 6 Tablespoons Butter or margarine
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup Door County Coffee Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee
- ½ cup milk
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1½ cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (Or shaved semi-sweet chocolate)
1. Melt the butter.
2. Add flour, blending well.
3. Combine butter mixture and Graham cracker crumbs.
4. Mix well with a fork until butter mixture coats the crumbs.
5. Press mixture into 13” x 9” x 2” baking pan.
6. Chill one hour.
1. Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter, Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend coffee and milk.
2. Beat until well blended.
3. Fold Cool Whip into creamed mixture.
4. Spoon mixture into chilled crust.
5. Freeze until firm.
6. To serve sprinkle with chocolate bits and cut into squares.