|Recipes » Dessert|
Peanut Butter Crunch Brownie Squares
By: Barbara E. - Appleton, WI - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"My brownie creation is rich in flavor and a bit fudgy with chopped lightly salted dry roasted peanuts and laced with finely ground Door County Peanut Butter Coffee crystals. The special finishing touch is a dark chocolate ganache flavored with brewed Door County Peanut Butter Crunch coffee and a peanut butter chip drizzle over the ganache. After I picked up a packet of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch coffee I knew the flavor of the coffee could be worked into my favorite brownie recipe and it was a hit!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
- 1 (1.5 oz.) packet Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed and softened to room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped lightly salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup dark chocolate baking chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter baking chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.,
2. Measure out 1-1/2 tablespoons coffee crystals from packet. Finely grind in a coffee grinder and reserve for later. Brew the remaining coffee using 7 cups water. Remove 1 tablespoon brewed coffee to cool.
3. In a medium bowl whisk flour, salt and reserved finely ground coffee. Sift mixture on wax paper.
4. In a large bowl combine butter, sugar and cocoa powder and using a wooden spoon, beat together until completely blended (mixture will be grainy).
5. Add eggs and 1 tablespoon cooled brewed coffee; beat until well blended. Then fold sifted flour mixture into butter mixture then stir in peanuts.
6. Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of brownie comes out clean. Cool brownie in pan on a wire rack.
7. After brownie cools, heat 6 tablespoons brewed coffee to a simmer. Place chocolate chips in a small deep glass bowl and pour simmering coffee over chips. Stir until mixture is smooth. Let thicken slightly then spread and swirl over brownie.
8. Heat 2 tablespoons brewed coffee to simmering. Place peanut butter chips in a small deep dish and pour simmering coffee over chips. Stir until smooth then drizzle back and forth over chocolate using fork tines. Let chocolates set then cut into squares.
*Note: Should chips not melt completely, set bowls over a saucepan of simmering water (bowls not touching water) and stir until smooth.