|Recipes » Dessert|
Peanut Butter Coffee Nut Bread
By: Nancy Heishman, NV - Recipe Contest 2015
Peanut butter, coffee and nuts just go together in a yummy nut bread.
This is a fan-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchen of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Country Morning Blend Coffee 10 oz Bag Ground
• 2 cups all purpose flour
• 4 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
• 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
• 1 cup milk
• 1/2 cup cold strong brewed Door County Coffee Country Morning Blend (to brew strong coffee, use 1/2 the water you normally would use)
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1/3 cup finely chopped peanuts
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 2-3 teaspoons cold coffee
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Lightly grease and flour 2 8 inch x 8 inch loaf pans.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
4. In a small bowl, beat the sugar and peanut butter until well combined.
5. Add the milk, Country Morning Blend coffee and vanilla extract.
6. Pour mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just moistened. Stir in the peanuts.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans.
8. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of bread.
9. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes then invert bread to finish cooling.
1. In a small bowl, stir the powdered sugar and coffee until it's a thin glaze.
2. Spoon over the bread.
This bread cuts better the next day. Keep tightly wrapped.
Makes 12-15 slices