Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Peanut Butter Coffee Filled Sandwich Cookies
By: Nancy - Las Vegas, NV - 2016 Recipe Contest
"We love peanut butter cookies especially warm just out of the oven. To incorporate Door County Coffee, I chose my favorite flavored coffee, Vanilla Creme Brulee and made coffee filled peanut butter cookie sandwiches."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Vanilla Creme Brulee Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup Peanut Butter, cream or crunchy
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Amaretto
- 3 teaspoons Vanilla Creme Brulee fresh ground coffee
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Creme Brulee Brewed strong coffee
- 1 16 ounce box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Amaretto
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the first 4 ingredients until well blended. Add eggs, Amaretto and fresh ground coffee; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Beat egg mixture into flour mixture, mixing until well blended.
- Drop by large spoonfuls of batter on to ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten cookies with floured fork prongs in a criss-cross fashion and let bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cookies set for 5 minutes before placing them on a cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and Amaretto.
- Add slowly the brewed coffee, beating mixture until it reaches a firm consistency.
- Arrange 15 cookies criss-cross side down, spread a generous amount of filling on each cookie. Top with second cookie , criss-cross side up.