Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Nutty Aloha Brownies
By: Michelle – Sturgeon Bay, WI - 3rd Place Winner
“I have a love for coconut and tropical flavored foods. I had a brownie recipe that called for coffee and I figured why not add in some tropical type of coffee. I took it a step further and added coconut and nuts. This turned out excellent with great reviews; the flavored coffee really enhances the recipe.”
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was also tested in the kitchen of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Hawaiian Hazelnut Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- Non-stick vegetable oil spray
- 2 C. sugar
- 15 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3/4 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp. ground Door County Coffee Hawaiian Hazelnut
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. coconut extract
- 1 1/4 C. flour
- 3/4 C. pecan pieces
- 1/4 C. coconut flakes
- 1 C. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tbsp. Door County Coffee Hawaiian Hazelnut freshly brewed coffee
- 30 strips crystallized ginger (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 13x9x2 inch pan with non-stick vegetable oil spray.
- Combine sugar, butter, cocoa, ground coffee, and salt in a large heat-resistant bowl.
- Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water and whisk until butter melts and all ingredients are blended.
- Remove bowl from saucepan, whisk in eggs, vanilla and coconut extract.
- Sift flour over bowl and fold in.
- Mix in pecans and coconut flakes.
- Spread batter in pan and bake 25 minutes.
- Cool brownies in pan.
- Place chocolate chips in a small heat-resistant bowl. Bring brewed coffee to a simmer in a saucepan. Pour over chips and stir until melted
- Let frosting cool about 1 hour (it will start to thicken).
- Spread frosting evenly over brownies.
- Cut brownies and top with two pieces of crystallized ginger if desired.