HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
No Bake Chocolate Coffee Walnut Balls
By: Nancy - Las Vegas, NV - Recipe Contest 2015
This recipe is a spin off from the no bake bourbon balls that my mother serves during the holiday times. I exchanged the bourbon for strong coffee and find them more tasty than with the sharpness of the bourbon.
This is a fan-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchen of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
- 2 1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafers
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, ( reserve 1/2 cup to roll balls in)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, reserve 1/4 teaspoon
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cold strong brewed Door County Coffee Intense Dark coffee (to brew strong coffee, use 1/2 the water you normally would use)
- In a medium size bowl, combine the crushed wafers, walnuts, corn syrup, 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, cocoa powder & cold Intense Dark coffee.
- Mix ingredients until well blended.
- Roll into 1 inch size balls.
- Then roll them in the reserved combined powdered sugar and cinnamon.