HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Mocha Raspberry Tiramisu Towers
By: Michelle - Phoenix, AZ - 2016 Recipe Contest
Featured ingredient: Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 8 ounces unsalted butter - softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar (divided)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (divided)
- 1 cup pistachios (divided)
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese - softened
- 2 cups brewed Door County Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Coffee (divided)
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream (divided)
- 4 cups fresh raspberries (divided)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (divided)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder - for dusting
Prepare pistachio cake:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or silpat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer cream butter, 1 cup granulated sugar and honey on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add flour and milk to creamed egg mixture beginning and ending with the flour, alternating.
- Spread into sheet pan and bake 20-22 minutes until set. Once cooled, cut into 4 inch circles with cookie cutter or biscuit cutter.
- Place 1 cup brewed coffee in small saucepan and cook over medium high heat until coffee has reduced to 1/3 cup (about 8-10 minutes.) Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat mascarpone cheese with 1/3 cup reduced coffee and 1 teaspoon vanilla until combined.
- In another bowl beat 1 cup heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture. Place in fridge and set aside.
- Puree 3 cups raspberries and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Reserve 1/3 puree for garnish.
- Whip 2 cups heavy whipping cream, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in remaining 2/3 raspberry puree. Set in fridge.
- Spread 2 tablespoons raspberry puree on serving plate or bowl.
- Place 1 cup brewed coffee in small dish. Soak 1 round of pistachio cake in coffee to soak in slightly.
- Place round on puree. Pipe or spoon mocha mascarpone mousse in even layer. Top with 1 more coffee soaked pistachio cake round. Top with layer of raspberry mousse.
- Top with 1 more coffee soaked pistachio cake round. Finish with dollup of mocha mascarpone mousse. Garnish with fresh raspberries, pistachios and a dusting of cocoa powder. Enjoy!