Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Mocha Crumb Cheesecake Poke Cake
By: Kim V. - Caldwell, NJ - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"You can decorate the top of your cake with chopped nuts, chocolate chips, your favorite chopped up candy bar."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Sinful Delight Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 & 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Door County Sinful Delight Coffee
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter cubed
- 2 - 8 oz packages cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1 - 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz. dark chocolate baking bar finely chopped
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9 & 1/2" springform baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place all of the ingredients for the crust into a large bowl. Using a pastry blender blend the ingredients together for several minutes until large crumbs form.
- Press the crumbs into the prepared baking dish. Press firmly along the bottom and a quarter of the way up the sides of the pan. Pierce the crust several times with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Place the cream cheese into the bowl of stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Cream for 1 minute until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk and mix until combined and smooth.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs and mix until light and fluffly and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and smooth. Bake for 40-45 minutes. The top will have risen and will be lightly golden.
- Let cool completely. (I recommend cooling overnight.)
- Using a small wooden spoon with a round handle poke holes into the chilled cheesecake (15 holes should be enough - Be sure to carefully twist the spoon to create a nice hole that can be filled.) Loosen the outer edge of the pan and remove.
- Heat the heavy cream (just before it is ready to simmer it is ready - do not boil).
- Place the chocolate into a bowl and pour the hot cream over the top and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir to allow combine and until smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the top of the cheesecake being sure that the holes are filled. Then smooth.
- Let chill for one hour before serving. Garnish with whipped cream.