|Recipes » Dessert|
Midnight Mocha Cookies
By: Kathryn - Oxford, WI - Recipe Contest 2015
This recipe is a favorite for me. As a college student, sometimes I just need to have something that combines my favorites of chocolate and coffee. The girls in my dorm seem to agree. Whenever I make a batch of these, they are a huge favorite and disappear fast! I keep a tub of cookies on top of my dresser so that friends can come get a cookie from my stash whenever they need one.
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
½ cup butter
3 large eggs
3 teaspoons Door County Coffee Espresso ground
1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons of sugar
¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a saucepan or the microwave, melt unsweetened chocolate with 1 cup chocolate chips and butter. Stir until smooth and set aside until cool.
4. Beat eggs, espresso powder and sugar with an electric mixer 1 to 2 minutes or until thick and light yellow.
5. Beat in cool chocolate mixture.
6. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, add to chocolate mixture.
7. Add remaining chocolate chips and stir.
9. Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
10. Bake 10 minutes until puffed and cracked on top.
11. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.