Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Microwave Mocha Marshmallow Cake in a Mug
By: Cara – Austin, TX – 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
“When I think about coffee, I think about holding a warm mug in the morning, so I loved the idea of a warm mug of coffee infused chocolate cake! My son helped me test out this recipe, and he loved that it was so quick from start to eat. Thanks to Door County Coffee for inspiring a wonderful after-school treat at our house!”
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons double strength brewed Door County Coffee dark roast of choice (3 reserved)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- dash of vanilla
- dash of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 35 miniature marshmallows (15 reserved)
- Whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, 3 tablespoons coffee, oil, egg, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- When the batter is smooth, fold in 20 marshmallows.
- Pour into a large microwaveable mug and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until puffed.
- Pour reserved coffee over the cake and sprinkle 15 reserved marshmallows on top.
- Microwave for an additional 5-10 seconds until the marshmallows start to melt.