Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Mascarpone Mocha Mousse
By: Roxanne - Albany, CA - 2016 Recipe Contest
- 1/4 cup Door County Coffee brewed Fine Grind Espresso, double strength plus 1/2 tsp Fine Grind Espresso
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped plus 1 Tbsp grated bittersweet chocolate
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Combine the brewed coffee with the chopped chocolate, the honey and oil and melt the chocolate, stirring till the mixture is smooth.
- Beat in the cheese, then let cool to room temperature.
- Whip 1/2 cup of the cream till soft peaks form and fold into the mocha mixture till just incorporated.
- Spoon into 4 dessert cups and refrigerate till the mousse set, about 1 hour.
- At serving time whip the remaining 1/2 cup cream till soft peaks form.
- Fold in the 1/2 tsp Fine Grind Espresso, the grated chocolate and vinegar.
- Top each serving of mousse with the whipped cream mixture. Serves 4