|Recipes » Dessert|
Java Lava Hazelnut Pudding Cakes
By: Darlene B. - Peoria, AZ - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Hazelnut Creme Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 cups strong brewed Door County Hazelnut Creme Coffee
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ¾ cup chocolate hazelnut spread (e.g. nutella)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons plus ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus additional for dusting
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream, whipped to stiff peaks
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 6-1 cup ramekins with room temperature butter and place them on a baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl combine melted butter, half-and-half, hazelnut spread, eggs and vanilla. Beat until smooth
3. In a small bowl combine flour, ⅓ cup brown sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
4. Add the flour mixture to the hazelnut mixture and beat until combined. Divide this mixture between ramekins.
5. In another small bowl, combine remaining ⅓ cup brown sugar, ⅓ cup cocoa powder and granulated sugar.
6. Sprinkle this mixture on top of batter dividing mixture between the ramekins. (About 2 rounded tablespoons per ramekin)
7. Microwave coffee for 60-90 seconds or until coffee is very hot (Be very careful, you can also boil the coffee in a small saucepan.) Gently pour ⅓ cup of hot coffee into each ramekin.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or until the pudding bounces back when gently pressed. Let stand for 10 minutes and then dust with cocoa powder.
9. Serve warm with whipped cream