Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Jamaican Me Crazy Raisin Pie
By: Helen - Paradise, TX - 2016 Recipe Contest
Featured ingredient: Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour: divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup lard or all-vegetable shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons ice water
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/4 cups Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee; brewed
- Water to cover raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
To prepare pie crust:
- In a large bowl whisk together 2-cups flour, salt and sugar until well blended. Cut in lard or shortening with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles peas.
- Make a well in the center of the ingredients. In a cup stir together vanilla extract and ice water and pour all of it at once into the center of the flour mixture.
- With a fork, very quickly blend the ingredients together just until they will hold together well. Equally divide dough and form into disks. Wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate while preparing pie filling.
- While dough chills put golden raisins, sugar, and 1-cup brewed coffee into a large saucepan and stir together until combined.
- If necessary, add enough water to bring liquid in saucepan up to cover raisins by 1/2-inch.
- Place saucepan over medium heat and bring ingredients to a boil. Immediately lower heat to simmer and allow raisins to cook about 15-minutes, until plumped.
- Remove from heat and stir in cinnamon and butter.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour and remaining 1/4-cup brewed coffee until smooth.
- Return saucepan to low-medium heat and stir in flour mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, 2- to 3-minutes until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove dough from plastic wrap and divide into 2 pieces.
- Lightly dust the work surface with the remaining 1/2-cup flour and roll both pieces into circles to fit a 9-inch pie dish. Place first dough circle into the dish and allow dough to hang over the sides.
- Pour filling onto the dough in the dish, and top with the remaining dough circle. Fold top dough edges down under bottom edges and crimp as desired. Cut a small slit into the center of the pie.
- Place in center of oven and bake about 30- to 35-minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings.