|Recipes » Dessert|
Highlander Heaven Cake
By: Corrie - Cazenovia, WI - 1st Place Recipe Winner!
"Everybody at work always knew I had to have my coffee!! When I switched shifts, I wanted to make a treat that had something to do with coffee. I did some searching on-line, but I didn’t find anything just right. So I modified a few recipes that I found, and came up with this!! It got rave reviews, even from some people who don’t really like coffee!”
Featured ingredient: Highlander Grogg Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 1 C. Double Strength Brewed Highlander Grogg
- 1/3 C. Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Stick Butter Softened
- 1/3 C. Butterscotch Topping
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1 box (16oz.) Powdered Sugar
- 2-4 Tbsp. Double Strength Brewed Highlander Grogg
1. Brew Door County Coffee Highlander Grogg double strength. (To do this, simply use the same amount of coffee you typically would use to brew, but cut the water in half.)
2. Mix the cake mix, brewed Highlander Grogg, oil and eggs. Pour batter into a greased pan using recommended pan size and baking time from the cake mix box directions.
3. To make the frosting: beat butter, butterscotch topping, vanilla and salt at medium speed until creamy. Alternately, add powdered sugar and coffee, mixing on low until the desired frosting consistency is reached.
4. Spread frosting on cooled cake.
5. Sprinkle a light dusting of Highlander Grogg coffee grounds on top (optional)