Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
|Recipes » Dessert|
Hazelnut Creme Lazy Day Coffee Cake
By: Deborah - Sturgeon Bay, WI - Recipe Contest 2015
My grandmother Hazel made her wonderful Lazy Day Cake to enjoy with a great cup of coffee and splendid conversation. I am sure if she were still living, she would have agreed, that adding DC Coffee's Hazelnut Creme Coffee to her recipe is very delicious ! In her memory....I submit this entry.
(to brew strong coffee, use 1/2 the water you normally would use)
Featured ingredient: Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 1/4 cup brewed hot Door County Coffee Hazelnut Creme coffee
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oatmeal uncooked soaked 20 minutes in coffee
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp Hazelnut coffee syrup
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup quick oats uncooked
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp hazelnut coffee syrup
- 1 Tbsp Hazelnut Creme Coffee
- Pour hot coffee over old fashioned oats let set 20 minutes.
- In the meantime grease & flour 9x9 inch cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix flour, sugars, baking soda, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg in large bowl.
- Beat eggs & hazelnut coffee syrup add with oatmeal / coffee mixture to the dry ingredients stir until combined.
- Pour batter into the cake pan top with the streusel topping, bake for 45 minutes.
- Cut butter into the dry ingredients sprinkle nuts on top.
- When cake is cooked, drizzle with icing.